Part 4. Mobile
As consumers, our use of mobile devices continues to expand and our adoption of mobile technology remains ahead of the average enterprise. However the business adoption of mobile technology is also well documented and appears to be on an acceleration curve.
Many organisations are already leveraging mobile technology for their front-office. Hailed for its speed, ease of use and greater user-engagement, Sales teams have been quick to adopt mobile technologies to access customer data more quickly and increase productivity among teams. However at Xactium, we are now seeing that our GRC customers are keen to investigate how mobile technology can benefit their Risk Management practices.
The ability to use mobile should be a key aspect of any Risk Management platform
Simplified displays and emphasis on graphics mean that analytics and dashboards are naturally suited to mobile. Additionally, many organisations are using mobile initiatives to great success to increase internal collaboration and enable employee self-service.
However, mobile for mobile’s sake is not the answer - rather it should support your people, processes and data requirements where necessary.
Consider how mobile could benefit you in the following scenarios:
- A Board meeting where your attendees expect to be able to use their iPad.
- A Key Risk Indicator hits a red threshold and an email notification is sent to a smartphone.
- Your manager approves amendments to a Risk Assessment in between meetings
- Colleagues demonstrate they have read and understood a company policy by completing a mobile-friendly questionnaire.
- Insurance Surveyors use a mobile app to log information relating to an incident away from the office.