Part 3. Getting Started Quickly and Easily
Getting started with a cloud GRC System can be much easier and more time-effective in comparison to implementing a more traditional on-premise GRC system. That’s just two of many reasons why cloud adoption is expected to reach 90% in all UK businesses by 2017. Turnaround time is also a key driver for regulated businesses, in particular, whose GRC time frames are often reactive.
Typically enterprise software implementations are lengthy and expensive, whereas getting started on your GRC project in the cloud takes days and not months.
Here’s a quick guide to getting started using the cloud:
1) No hardware upheaval: No data centres, office space, servers, storage or hardware to rent or buy. With more time to actually concentrate on what your business needs rather than getting bogged down in IT requirements, you can stay focussed on what you want your system to do.
2) Simply connect via your internet browser: Using the cloud essentially means that you access everything you need via your internet connection. That means no extra software to install and run on your computer.
3) Connect securely from anywhere with internet: If for any reason you can't get into the office you can still access and be fully up-to-date with your organisation’s latest risk and compliance activities.
4) You don’t have to remember lots of passwords: A feature called single sign-on is a secure method of accessing your system. Once you’re logged on, information stored on associated or integrated systems can also be accessed without constant interruptions via prompts to login.
5) Watch this video: If you’re more of a visual person, Salesforce’s short video What is Cloud Computing? explains the key concepts of getting started with a cloud-based solution in a simple and effective way. As a key Salesforce partner, Xactium is able to pass on these benefits to its GRC customers: