We are looking for a Senior Developer, with a broad skill set, who is keen to develop their career in a rapidly growing and exciting technology space – cloud computing, specifically on the Salesforce Force.com platform. The ability to work with minimal guidance to agreed deadlines, and excellent problem solving skills are a key part of this role.
You will be part of a new and exciting team leading innovation in cloud technology in areas such as Artificial Intelligence, Virtual/Augmented Reality, Machine Learning, Big Data, Analytics and many others.
Essential Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you must have:
● 5 + years of programming experience in an Object Oriented programming language (e.g. Java, PHP, C#).
● Excellent object-oriented programming ability and a love of programming and the ability to apply computer science to solve complex problems.
● A solid understanding of relational databases, normalised database design and query languages.
● Strong experience of Source Code control (preferably git).
● Programming experience on the Force.com Salesforce Platform.
Desirable Skills and Experience
● BSc/MSc degree in an appropriate subject, e.g. Computer Science, Software Engineering, Maths, Physics.
● Strong analytics / maths background abilities.
● Interest or experience in AI and machine learning.
● Other relevant professional qualifications or experience.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
● A passion for software development, and enjoys learning new skills and emerging technologies, who likes to keep up to date on the latest ideas.
● High levels of motivation, initiative and enthusiasm.
● Good interpersonal skills, ability to function independently as well as part of a team.
● Motivated to improve own technical skills and share knowledge.
● Committed to delivering quality results on a challenging schedule.
● Eligible to work in the UK.
One of the things that our employees say is great about working at Xactium is that they get
to work with technically excellent people in a fun and collaborative environment. We also
offer some great perks:
● Competitive FTE salary depending on experience.
● 25 days holiday, plus buy or sell 3 days.
● An extra day’s holiday on your birthday.
● Contributory pension scheme.
● Use of a Macbook Pro.
● Good training opportunities.
● Flexible working.
● Free fruit and snacks.
● Regular social activities and,
● Opportunities to contribute to our fundraising and social activities